This delightful, simple five step recipe on how to make Coconut and Lime Poached Fish is a god-send. It is perfect if you want to impress or simply want to spoil yourself in a healthy way.
2 x 400ml coconut milk
5 kaffir lime leaves, shredded/chopped
1/2 cup lime juice
grated rind of 1 lime
1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
1 small handful of coriander, chopped
3 lemongrass stems, sliced
8 spring onions, chopped
1/4 cup fish sauce
2 cups fish stock
4 fillets of white fish
optional: 2-3 red chillies for a little heat
1. Put both tins of coconut milk into a pan and bring gently to boil.
2. Add the lime leaves, lime rind, ginger, coriander, lemongrass, spring onions, fish sauce and fish stock to the pan holding the coconut milk and simmer for 15 minutes or so.
3. Pour the contents of the saucepan through a strainer/sieve into a jug. Add the lime juice to the milk in the jug, and season to taste if necessary.
4. When ready, pour the coconut milk into a wide based pan and submerge the fish fillets. Let them gently boil for 10-15 minutes.
5. Transfer the fillets carefully from pan to plate and pour over some of the milk. Add sliced chillies or coriander to garnish. Serve with rice, or try it out with my ‘hot mess’ rainbow salad.
Eat and enjoy!